Jacob K. Javits Convention Center Transformer Building – Phase II
The new Transformer Building will be built over the existing transformer yard. The project includes the elevation of the transformer yard, the construction of a three-story building (approximately 60’ high, 80’ wide and 170’ long), and the relocation of various utilities. The transformer yard will be elevated out of the flood plain and additional electrical service will be provided to meet the increased electrical demand for the anticipated expansion of the Convention Center.
Start Date: Spring 2017
Completion Date: Fall 2019
MWBE and SDVOB Participation Goals:
- NYS Minority-Owned Business Enterprise Subcontracting Goal: 15%
- NYS Women-Owned Business Enterprise Subcontracting Goal: 15%
- NYS Service-Disabled Veteran Owned Business Subcontracting Goal: 6%
Participating MWB and SDVOB Firms Must Be:
- Certified By New York State (“NYSCS ESD”)
- Pre-qualification with Tishman required.
- Union/PLA requirements apply.