Perhaps the greatest benefit of leasing a car is the lower out-of-pocket costs when acquiring and maintaining the car. Leases require little or no down payment, and there are no upfront sales tax charges. Additionally, monthly payments are usually lower, and you get the pleasure of owning a new car every few years.
- Tax treatment: The IRS does not consider certain leases to be a purchase, but rather a tax-deductible overhead expense. Therefore, medical practices can deduct the lease payments from income, thus reducing the net cost of the lease.
- 100% financing: Since a lease often does not require a down payment, it is equivalent to 100% financing. Healthcare providers can conserve the capital that would have been used for a down payment and reinvest it in the business.
- Immediate write-off of the dollars spent: With leasing, payments are treated as expenses on the income statement, so the technology solution does not have to be depreciated over an extended term.
- Flexibility: As healthcare facilities grow and needs change, the lessee may be able to add or upgrade technology at any point during the lease term.
- Asset management: A lease provides the use of the technology solution for specific periods of time at fixed payments. The leasing company assumes and manages the risk of technology ownership. At the end of the lease, if the healthcare provider elects to return the technology, the leasing company is responsible for the disposition of the asset.
- Upgraded technology: Technology solutions that could depreciate quickly should be leased to limit a healthcare facility’s risk of getting caught with obsolete equipment. Plus, leases make it easier to upgrade or add technology solutions to meet ever-changing needs.
- Speed: Leasing can allow you to respond quickly to new opportunities with minimal documentation and red tape. Many leasing companies approve applications within a few hours.
- Improved cash forecasting: When healthcare facilities lease, they can accurately forecast the cash requirements for equipment since they know the amount and number of lease payments required, and with leases there are no floating fees.
- Flexible end of term options – There are typically three flexible options at the end of a term. The lessee can return the equipment, purchase the equipment from the leasing company or extend the lease for an additional period of time.
- Tax benefits: Leasing companies can pass the tax benefits of ownership on to the healthcare facility in the form of lower monthly payments.
- Easier financing than loans: With a lease, healthcare facilities can avoid requirements like compensating balances, large down payments, client list reviews and cash-flow projections, making the finance process faster and easier.
- Finance services: Training, support and other services are some of the most important components of a new equipment acquisition, particularly when obtaining EHR systems and other healthcare technology. Yet these “soft costs” are some of the most overlooked during the decision-making phase. Often, everything involved in a technology purchase, from servers and scanners to software and services can be bundled into one predictable monthly lease payment, making it easy to budget for all costs associated with a technology acquisition.
|Accounting Software||Aerial Lifts||Agricultural Equipment|
|Air Cleaning Equipment||Air Conditioning Equipment||Aircraft|
|Alarm Systems||Audio-Visual Equipment||Automation Equipment|
|Auto Repair Equipment||Awnings & Canopies||Back Hoes, Bakery Equipment|
|Bailing Equipment||Bank Equipment||Beauty Salon Equipment & Furnishings|
|Bar Coding Equipment||Bar Equipment||Bindery Equipment|
|Blueprinting Equipment||Bulk Tanks||Buses|
|Bingo Equipment||Business Machines||Cabinets|
|Cash Registers||Car Washing Equipment||Church Furniture & Sound Systems|
|Clean Room Equipment||Cleaning Equipment||Coffee Equipment|
|Computers||Computer Networks||Computer Software|
|Construction Equipment||Contact Lens Lathes||Containers|
|Contractors Equipment||Conveyors||Convenience Store Equipment & Furnishings|
|Deli Equipment||Dental Equipment||Dictating Equipment|
|Die Cutting Equipment||Dishwashing machines||Display Cases|
|Display (Trade Show) Booths||Ditching Machinery||Doctors Equipment|
|Drilling Equipment||Driveway Sealing Equipment||Driving Range Equipment|
|Dry Cleaners Equipment||Embroidery Equipment||Energy Conservation Systems|
|Engraving Equipment||Ergonomic Furniture||Excavating Equipment|
|Exercise/Fitness Equipment||Exhibit Booths||Farm Equipment|
|Fax Machines||Filing Cabinets & Systems||Fire Trucks|
|Folding Equipment||Food Processing Equipment||Forklifts|
|Furniture||Gas Station Equipment||Generators|
|Golf Carts||Golf Course Equipment||Grain Silos|
|Heating & Cooling Equipment||Horse Trailers||Hospital Equipment|
|Hotel Furniture &Equipment||Hydraulic Lifts, Ice Machines||Identification Equipment|
|Industrial Equipment||Insurance Software||Internet Equipment|
|Irrigation Systems||Laboratory Equipment||Laminating Equipment|
|Landscape Equipment||Laundry Equipment||Legal Software|
|Lift Trucks||Lighting Systems Equipment||Logging Equipment|
|Machine Tools||Mailing Machines||Material Handling|
|Medical Equipment||Meters||Millwork Equipment|
|Nursing Home Equipment||Office Equipment||Office Furniture|
|Optical Equipment||Optical Displays||Packaging Machinery|
|Parking Garage Equipment||Paving Equipment||Photo Finishing Equipment|
|Photography Equipment||Physical Therapy Equipment||Pianos & Organs|
|Pizza Ovens||Plastics-Machinery||Pottery Equipment|
|Power Plant Equipment||Pressure Washers||Printing Equipment|
|Pro Sound Equipment||Recycling Equipment||Refrigeration Equipment|
|Restaurant Equipment||Sandblasting Equipment||Sawmill Equipment|
|Scaffolding, Scales||School Furniture||Screen Printing Equipment|
|Screw Machines||Seal Coating Equipment||Security Equipment|
|Service Station Equipment||Sewing Machine||Shelving|
|Snow Removal Equipment||Slicing Machines||Software|
|Sound Systems||Stable Equipment||Steam Cleaning Equipment|
|Store Fixtures||Tanks||Teleconferencing Equipment|
|Telephone Systems||TV Station Equipment||Theatrical Lighting|
|Time Recorders||Tire Machines||Tool & Die Equipment|
|Trucks||Truck Scales||Ultrasonic Equipment|
|Utility Trailers||Vending Machines||Veterinary Equipment|
|Video Conferencing||Video Production Equipment||Voice Mail Systems|
|Washing Machines||Waste Containers||Water Filtration Equipment|
|Water Meters||Welding Equipment||Woodworking Equipment|